Heartsong’s Adult Day Health Care Program is located adjacent to the residential community. Open Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:30pm, the adult day health care program supports the health, nutritional, social, and daily living needs of your loved ones with dementia in professionally-staffed, group setting.
Our goal is not only to provide much-needed respite for the at-home caregiver, but to also improve the physical and mental well-being of those who attend.
Heartsong’s day program is a licensed health care program specializing in care for persons with dementia and Alzheimer’s. We also offer programs of care for those recently dismissed from a medical facility as well as socialization for the elderly who would otherwise be alone.
A variety of daily activities to promote physical, cognitive, social, and spiritual wellness include:
- Physical & Mental Stimulation
- Secure outdoor courtyard for gardening and other outdoor activities
- Arts, crafts and games
- Physical activity such as dancing, gardening, games & exercise sessions
- Current event discussions
- Delicious and nutritional meals and snacks
Because people with dementia often have other health issues, Heartsong is prepared to work with the family as needed to manage day-to-day personal & healthcare needs.
- Health Maintenance
- Supervision of all medications by licensed nurses
- Routine health assessments
- Scheduled mobile labs and diagnostics (EKG, X-ray)
- Daily exercise programs
- Bathing and grooming
Round-trip transportation is available for a nominal charge in a designated service area. Some transportation may be available through Medicaid. Contact us for more information.
Daily fees may be paid out-of-pocket or may be covered by Veterans benefits. And Heartsong is a Medicaid Waiver provider. Contact us to discuss financial options available to you.